Nothing beats fresh, homemade, flaky dinner rolls! I checked the Loblaws price on rolls and they are 6 for $2.59 (... so 12 for a little over $5.00...) which I think is TOO MUCH to pay! These mix up really quickly and easily, and you don't need a stand mixer (I don't have one) ... a hand mixer will do. And if you are feeling particularly strong, just mix 'em up by hand.
QUICK DINNER ROLLS
Makes 12 rolls
Original recipe from Honey and Butter
1 cup + 2 T warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 T active dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Mix water, oil, yeast, and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Add the salt and egg, mix thoroughly.
4. Gradually add the flour.
5. Divide into 12 equal pieces, and shape into round balls.
6. Place onto a greased baking sheet or silipat and let it rise for 10-15 minutes.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.